Sunday, August 2, 2009

What is the strangest thing your dog has destroyed?

Oreo (in the picture) has "eaten" a cell phone and a miniature alarm clock. Really she just chewed them into little bitty pieces.

Please, no sad stories.
Answers:
I have a friend who lost two hearing aids to his dog. She pulled them off the dresser. Ewww, ear wax!

My 4 month old Dachshund puppy destroyed a foam clown nose just last night. Why I even have a foam clown nose in my home is another story entirely, but -- hey, you asked! :)
my dog ate a blue jay once. and a groundhog. otherwise, he's eaten paper plates and stuff. he's a bit spazzy.
We did emergency surgery on a lab (go figure) who had eaten an antique crocheted shawl, an entire rosebush, and half a bike tire.

She lived, and the day after surgery she was so bouncy, you wouldn't even know we pulled 3 pounds of garbage out of her distended stomach.
My dog Pixie chewed on a chair and one day i sat on it and it just colapsed like nothig!! It was SOOO funny
my dog ate a hole in the wall. literally chewed the wall until there was a hole... dont no how she did it...
I live in the country and our chocolate lab ate our scarecrow! lol Along with countless other things over the years.
Oh another plastic lover!!!
My dog has eaten several phones, pens and even glasses.(My daughters make up)
I guess to get back for leaving him home alone..
Never any shoes or furniture, only things I %26 my daughter really need and care for.and made out of plastic.
My dog, also named Oreo, muched in a pair of new eyeglasses. Had the progressive lenses which at the time were expensive; loss was over $350. She punctured and cracked both lenses, and basically ate the frame.
I had a dog (mixed breed ) that ate all of Genesis right out of the Bible. She also ate the corner off the bed, the railing down to the basement, the window sill in the diningroom.. She chewed shoes, she chewed everything.. That was when we decided that people who told us that crate training was a good idea... they they were telling us the truth ! :) That was nearly 30 years ago, and we just really don't have that problem anymore..
Sorry, you asked. . .
When my daughter was just an infant and I was still nursing her, my German Shepherd, Sarge, got into the cupboard and ripped my breast pump to shreds!!!

My Cairn terriers will chew up anything in their path...they love underwear. lol
well i only had my pup for about 3 weeks and so far he has eaten a cell phone charger, a portable dvd player charger, an easter basket, my manual for the dvd player, chewed through my box spring, my bathroom carpet, my toilet seat cover, a pillow, chews on wood, ate the fake moss out of my artifical tree, my flip flops, my daughter's flip flops, a shoe string, belts, the manual for spider man 3 game, my daughter's book bag, a comb, his food and water dishes, likes to gnaw on my clothes too! i can keep going...oh and he likes to chew on my cat too!!! Wow, I myself didn't realize he did that much damage. It's funny because i have evrything put up he's huge and can stand on his hind legs to grab things off the counter and everything!!! Hope it's a stage that will pass because it really is getting to be too much!!! My children wanted a puppy so bad, now they hate him because he eats their stuff!!!
I was dog-sitting for my aunt and uncle. Their younger dog trashed my shoes, a glove, a stuffed animal, the fringe off two rugs, put a hole in the bedroom carpet... let's see. oh yeah, chewed on some fireplace logs and literally ATE the sleeve of my sweatshirt jacket. (Almost had to go to the vet for that one, but she threw it up.. ugh!) I came prepared the next time I saw her. I brought her a GIANT rawhide bone.
Didn't think it was possible, but our Logan totally destroyed a large Kong toy.
my dog likes to chew on my bras. she eats the band at the cup on both sides straight thru

but i must say the strangest was my old dog, when she was a puppy we left her alone for an hour in our basement bathroom. she chewed thru the wall and when we got home she was on the unfinished half of the basement!
Scotty my rescue Sheltie used my Oak coffee table as a raw hide. My window frames, door frames and wood chairs were are trashed because of him. My son had a ball with little suction cups all around it to make it stick to the wall. Scotty ate everyone of them (About 35 total). I gave him 4 doses of Hydrogene Peroxide to make him vomit them all up. I only saw one in his poop. I was afraid they would stick to his insides if he didn't vomit them but it worked out okay. I did take him in for xrays to be safe.
My dog ate a towel. Its stupid. and we do not know how.
My Pit Emma has eaten Cell phones,pens all the typical plastic things, but I think the funniest thing she has eaten is:

I have/had a small hole in my couch and it contains that fluffy white stuffing. I came home to find that entire living room coated with this white fluffy foam and there sitting in the middle of the couch was my pit looking like Santa Clause. She had a foam beard and hat. Whats even worse is she looked at me like "Do you like what I have done to the house?" How could I be mad???
Electrical cords, books (like novels), magazines...

Fortunately, we never had to have surgery (fingers crossed) and never will.
Aww its Oreo!!! haha!!

Haha the only thing my dog Riley has chewed are like the ribbon on a bunch of flip flops (so I couldnt wear them) and just the edge of a pair of my dad's glasses (they were old though). I was so worried about having her destroying things when I read about jack russells.but she has chewed so much less than any other dog I have ever had. She does like to walk around with my cellphone...but doesnt chew it!
My late Dobe chewed a hole in the side of my mattress and would eat my bed linens. Never touched her dog bed or blankets. Once, I took a blanket from the sofa and put it on my bed (after washing!) and she shredded it in a matter of days -- it had been on the sofa for ages. I couldn't leave shoes around; she would eat the backs and insides. She also liked to check out the contents of my purse and briefcase. Once she ate the ends off a $5 bill and another time she ate my paycheck. (Yeah, the folks in payroll thought that was a hoot.) She would make up for it by leaving me kibble in my purse, briefcase and shoes. Go figure.

I also had a Weimareiner that ate ceramic bunnies and eggs. That dog had a cast iron stomach!
my ring

No comments:

Post a Comment