Sunday, August 2, 2009

What is your dogs name?

If you have a dog what is its name? I have a 9 year old golden Lab called Frodo and in a few weeks am getting a black Lab puppy,going to call it Amelie.I'd just be interested to know what other people call their dogs and if theres a story behind the name?
Answers:
Hi! I have a rescue centre so I've always got a lot of animals coming and going, therefore I find it helpful to have themes when naming animals and I've taken that over to my own pets too. My dogs are always named after plants - until November I had a Bracken and a Tansy, then Tansy had pups who we called Hazel, Douglas (Fir) and then the break to my rules ... Dougal, but even he is really named after a plant, the tallest tree in Britain is called Dughall Mor or Big Dougal - anyway thats how I keep up with naming loads of pets!!! Amelie is a lovely name btw. Just incase you were wondering; rabbits are usually named after pop stars, rats have "normal human" names (Brian and Andrew were the last in,) mice are named after sports players, hamsters current events - we still have Katrina who came in the day New Orleans was hit by the hurricane, ferrets are cartoon charecters, caged birds are named after charecters from TV comedies and I get my little sister to come up with names for the chickens - so far we have Charlie, Rebbecca, Ollie and Crazy - no theme at all there! Cats on the other hand seem to end up with what ever name suits them!
Hope I haven't bored you to death!!!
x
I have a 2 year old border collie. His name is Paddy. Hubby has irish roots and we liked the name.
Squishy.
I have two dogs, a boy called Luca and a girl called Pimm
my German shepherd's name is Baron.
I have a Shih Tzu called Alfie...just cos it suited him.

He also reminds me of the bloke in the film Alfie, tries to nail any female that moves,,,,,,including the cat.
Jess - a gorgeous Staffie
I used to have Radar - because his ears stuck right up and turned around to catch sounds.
I also had Porkie - because he was just like a little pig when he was a puppy. Radar and Porkie were Yorkies.
Thanks for that question, it has bought my beloved dogs right into my mind and made me smile in memory of them.
:))))
I have a 1 year old Rottweiler called Riley,
I chose it because most Rottweilers are called tyson, or bruce or something!!

Plus i got the name from homeward bound! I loved that film!
Ricky
we have two female Jack Russel Terriers called Meg and Scully
I had a Boxer named Rascal. He was into everything ever since he was born. Smartest dog I ever did see.
Mindy (Mini-minz)- Black female Cockerspaniel
I have a beagle and his name is Rusty, he got his name because he has brown spots on legs and muzzle and they look like rust spots.
I have a bernese moutain dog called Roxy. Before we had seen her we had reduced it down to 2 names - Roxy and Kayley. When we saw her, she was the biggest pup in the litter and was roughing up the other pups. We thought Kayley was much too delicate for out 'butch' pup. Roxy sounded more of an 'attitude' name.
If I had a dog it would be a Husky and i would name him/her LOBO. After the mexican wolf and after former UCONN huskey Rebecca Lobo.
We had an English Bull Terrier whom we named Lennon, as my partner is a hugh John Lennon fan, and the name John wasnt very original for our dog! When we got the dog we have now, we called her Nel, because Nel spells Len,backwards,which is what we sometimes called Lennon,our first dog, for short, sorta like a tribute to him!
a have a Staffordshire bull terrier called storm. because his fathers pedigree name was lets rock the boat and his pedigree name is storm warning and i also have a cavalier king charles named molly, no particular reason for her name, just easy for my daughter to pronounce as she was only 2 1/2 when we got her
Angel who is a pug, got her 2 years ago and that was her name then kept it coz she is !! However i do have nicknames for her as well - Mrs P (P for pug) or sometime just P ! LOL
doggy
I have a dog called charlie but she had her name before we got her.

I used to have 2 dogs called eric and ernie (ie morcombe and wise) ernie was a jack russell and eric was a boxer so ernie had short fat hairy legs (some people will get the joke)

We also had 2 cats called Frankie and Johnny. we did think frankie was a girl until he developed some rather large growths in between his leg. He is still the most beautiful lookign boy cat in the world
"Sandra" - An alsatian beach (3 years old).
i dont have a dog, but my neighbour has a spaniel called roxy and my friend has a golden retriever called sam and someone else has a st. bernard called precious.
I have 2 dogs, one is a german shepard ladrador cross named Lady, the other one is a boder collie cross named Jewels, both are female
golden lab, male. name is Setanta.
it's from Irish Mythology.
thought of it though, because when I first got him, he found a Santa hat, and walked around with it in his mouth, dragging it between his legs, sleeping with it, wrestling it.
I call him Tanta for short.
A few people call him Santa.
i have two shelties there names are Dancin Sky and Texas Hoss. i have also had dogs name Albates, Black Rose, Blue Shadow a corgi that was named Fire N Ice.
Cahirn (missed my other GSD that much when I bought another called after him ) nickname bear.

Kai

Shimano cause when she was a pup she pulled that much it was like she had different gears for different hills lol %26 all of a sudden she would slam her breaks on
I have a G Shep, i named in DROWSY, cozzzzz all the time when was a pup used to sleep sleep sleep and sleep
Well we had 3 dogs and none of them are alive now :(

German Shepard - Wynny
Cocker Spaniel - Cibi
Labrador - Nikky.

I miss them a lot... but cant afford to keep them at my current location .. hopefully whn i change wuld get them ^^
Ginger... she came with that name. We had another dog named Deedle. My daughter named him that because of the sound he made as he ran around the house. ;-))
Ah, cute! I'm a Lord of the Rings fan. =P

I had a chow/pit mix dog, extremely intelligent, but he died a year ago from heartworm treatment. =( He was my brother. And his name was Strider. His name was from what they call Aragorn on LOTR.
I currently have 2 dogs. A husky/chow/pit mix named Steele. He looks just like a husky except he's smaller. I got his name from the dog 'Steele' who plays on Balto b/c he looks like him.
And I also have a black lab mix (she looks mainly like a black lab) and I named her Nighque (Ny-coo) b/c she's black as 'night' and has 'unique' markings. So I combined the 2 words and, well, there ya' go. =)

Strider:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/m...

Nighque:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/m...

Steele:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnj9bc8vc...
George, in honour ot St George of England

No comments:

Post a Comment