Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What is the best small dog to get?

I am getting a puppy but it has to be small and there are alot of small god dogs out there! I need HELP! Please tellme your opion.
Answers:
What type of aditude do you want the dog to have? Some small dogs were bred to hunt, some were bred to be lapdogs only. Start researching the breeds that intrest you. Look under toy group at www.akc.org
What do you want the dog for? Where do you live? How old are you? What is your lifestyle?
I am partial to beagles. They have the best disposition of small dogs.
I would say a pug...not a chihuahua because they bark constantly and at the most random things
Well if you want toy breeds their the chihuahua,Yorkshire terrier,Miniature Poodle,Miniature Pinscher,Shitzu,Lhasa Apso,Miniature Dachsund,Japanese Chin. But the one of the best small dogs and the smartest is a Shetland Sheepdog. I haved owned 2 and they really are great! Plus their VERY easy to potty train!
I myself have 4 Chihuahua's. They are excellent little dogs. Very intelligent and loving.
I am partial to poo mixes, they shed very little and tend to learn a little faster than the purebred toy breeds
You should try to catch a newborn squirrel. They make much better pets than dogs. They're very cheap to own. All you need to do is give him a shoebox with a towel in it for a bed and go outside and pick acorns for him to eat. They're small too.
I can't tell you my opinion because I don't know anything about your lifestyle or the kinds of things that you are looking for in a dog. I think that it would help if you go to www.dogbreedinfo.com and click on Find the Perfect Dog. Take the breed selector quiz and see the breeds that come up. Discard the ones that don't suite you and thoroughly research the rest of the breeds. Make sure that you get information from many different sources. Talk to breeders and owners of the breed, and check lots of websites to get all the information that you can. Research is the key!!!!!

Once you pick the breed that fits you and you have researched all that you can, then comes the time to find a responsible breeder in your area. Make sure that the breeder has experience and is able to answer all of your questions. Ask which puppy in the litter would suit you, so that you can get the best match to your lifestyle.
Another great option would be to rescue a puppy. You should check www.petfinder.com. Just put in a breed and any other info. into the search, and you will get all the rescue dogs that are either that breed or a mix of that breed and something else.
Whichever option you chose, do your research and make a responsible choice.
Good luck!
If you are looking for a small dog and don't know what type of dog you want to get you can go on Westminster.com and it will show you pictures and explain the different breeds, then if is up to you to decide what breed matches your wants and life style. I hope this helps and good luck.
Since you are giving away the springer spaniel, you definitely don't need another dog. How old are you?
I like Rat Terriers. They are feisty, fierce and very active. My sister has one that is a total princess.
Awe I have a min pin and he is so sweet, as we speak he is cuddling all over me and luvs me so much. I am a first time pet owner and I feel that it was the decision I have made and I don't know how I never owned a pet be4. Then we found out a few mos. after we had him that he was born w/congestive heart failure (chf) and was only given a few mos. to live and believe or not he just made 2 in feb.We give him much TLC and quality of life.
depends if your looking for a 5inch dog a chihuahua,
I have a Yorkie and a Chihuahua and they are both small and very loving. They love to be held, are very playful, and very devoted to me. They are both very intelligent and have learned many "tricks".

No comments:

Post a Comment