Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is the best way to keep up with the dog hair in your house. It seems to pile up in the corners everyday??

I use a swifter vacuum first and then when I mop afterwards, there still seems to be tons of hair left on the floors???
Answers:
The best way is to get the hair off your dog before it falls on the floor. You need to buy a firm bristle brush and a shedding blade(comb). Getting hair off the floor, furniture and clothes is tricky. I have 2 dogs. An average shedder and a heavy shedder, 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs. Everyone(the animals at least) in my house sheds. I find it's best to brush them outside where the hair can fly away and not get stuck in your house.
i know i have shih tzu and yellow lab. the best way vacumm every other day
Try using a regular type vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to reach into the corners. Most importantly, daily brushing will keep the shedding to a minimum.
At one time I had three dogs and a cat in my house. I would at least sweep my floor once a day. I would even use a rake on my floor before I would sweep. This would make the carpet stand up better and in turn get the hair up easier. Just go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap plastic or wire garden rake.

Good Luck
it starts with the dog, get an undercoat brush and brush the dog several times a day. the dog hair will still be in your house if you do this because you cant stop shedding completly, but you wont have rabbits in the corner waiting to get cleaned up.
Dog hair is a big problem especially right now because of the seasons changing, there coat chances too. I would try to brush your dog at least 3 times a week to help with the amount of hair the dog sheds.Also there is shampoo you can purchase at major pet supply to help with shedding. I hope this was helpful and good luck.
Make sure your dog is well groomed. A lot of sweeping will do the trick. Vacuuming too!
Yeah, I try to vacuum or dry mop my hardwood floors everyday, but come on, I even take my Sheltie outside and brush her three times a week, then, I am sitting there with company and then here comes the hair ball from under the couch, I need help with this one - is vacuuming daily the answer. My Sheltie gets her vitamins, etc., but still sheds like the dickens, even more so now that the seasons are changing. I am staying up on the answers to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment