Friday, July 31, 2009

What is the deal with my dog?

My dog likes to go out and roll in his doodoo. He's fixed so you would think he wouldn't be trying to hook up with the ladies for a butt sniffen good time wearing his o so sexy poop cologne so why does he do this? It's really nasty!

O and I have a neighbor who's dog eats his doodoo! I'm not thinking minty fresh breath is the goal here...can you tell me what this is about?
Answers:
Some dogs eat their own poop due to a vitamin deficiency. It could also be fear that he will get in trouble for doing it so he eats avoid punishment.

As for them rolling in it. I think..they do it to annoy us! Its their way of saying HAHA I just had a bath now heres what I think of it lol. Mine do the same thing sometimes (though not normally in their own)
your dog isnt rolling in his poop to be with the ladies..dogs do this to hide his scent to go on the hunt for food. It is an instinct from back in the wolf days.
As for the eating of the dog poop..here is you a link for more on that issue:
www.animalbehaviorassociates.c...
The eating of poo is because he's lacking something in his normal diet. He needs new food. A better quality feed and this should stop.
lol, my dog used to eats his poop all the time. I went to the vet about it because previously he would lick dirt all the time. We found out that sometimes their bodies are lacking certain nutrients that they can get from the dirt and/ or re digesting their own poop. You should probably carry him to your vet so he can give you some medication for his nutrient deficiency to make your dog stop.
I don't know why dogs roll in crap... I have had to wash my dog one to many times after she dug out and frolicked in the cow pasture near my house. But as for your friend's dog... it might be eating his own poo b/c he is lacking something in his diet. My friend's dog did the same thing and that is what the vet told them.
I've never heard or seen a dog like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment