Friday, July 31, 2009

What is the method to teach my dog high five?

What is the method to teach my dog high five?
Answers:
here is a video that demonstrates how to teach high-five> http://www.clickertraining.tv/product.ht...
Here is a different method> http://free-dog-tips.com/teach-your-dog-...
When your dog happens to raise its paw, gently hit it a high five saying "______ give me a high five". Then once finished doing so, give it a treat. Continously do that frequently and eventually it will be intelligent enough to do it on its own
I find the best way to teach a dog tricks is thru using a shock collar and alot of water. Give him a treat if he does the trick right, give him a quick wet zap if he does it wrong.
Hold their hand and give them a treat. Keep doing it and they will get the picture.
Command, grab paw, praise. Repeat several times. Eventually the dog will start to do it itself.
buy small training treats and have your dog sit. Let your dog see that you have treats in your hand. squat directly infront of your dog and give him the command with your treat hand held in the position to recieve the "high five" . Dogs will instinctly paw at objects that contain food. So when he does this immedatly give him the treat with high pitched praise "good boy" "good boy" Most dogs catch on to the "high five" realitively quick. Just be patient and consistant and you will be high fiving in no time. **** luck!

p.s. do not grab your dogs paw and raise it to your hand other wise that will be what he learns that he only needs to raise his paw when you grab it. He needs to be the one raising his paw. :)
I taught my dog the high five by teaching her to shake a paw first. After she mastered that I started to put my hand up like a high five instead of putting it out for her to put her paw in and she would aim her paw for my palm. and if I put both hands up she will give me 10....hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment