Friday, May 21, 2010

What is your favorite.?

kind of dog and why?
i like pembroke welsh corgi's because of their
short stubby legs and huge ears
i think they're adorable.
Answers:
My favorite dog? Well, mine of course! LOL!

No, seriously. I don't base "favorite" on breed. My "favorite" dogs are those who have overcome challenges and still find it in their hearts to love people. Those are my favorite dogs.

However, if I had to pick a "breed," it would be a tie between pit bulls and greyhounds.

I've had both breeds, and despite of their abusive backgrounds, are still able to make the best pets. Both of these breeds are subjected to cruelties you don't hear about, but once placed in the right home, those that haven't been completely ruined by the people who initially had them, make the most loving and devoted pets.
I like my australian shepherds because they are so smart and trainable. Also they are really soft and have a sweet, but energetic temperament.
Jack russell terriers b/c of their fun personalities and love for adventures!!!
i have a rottweiler german shepard mix, and its like getting the best of both breeds
I like german short-haired pointers. They're big like labs (with a scary, deep bark for scaring away intruders) but have soft hearts (and ears) AND they have short tails so they aren't constantly battering everything in the house when they wag them!
Golden Retriever! I love mine. Angel is so sweet to everyone. But it's weird 'cause she hates water.
nothing beats a female rott.
All dogs, BUT especially the herding dogs---I have 5 rescued Australian shepherds. They are SMART, funny, and gorgeous.
Golden Retriever - because they are big but they are kind and gentle and love children.
The Chihuahua so cute with those big soft sweet eyes, and its big ears, and alert spirit, and the williness to please. Did I mention cause they are little two.
My favorite dog is a Yorkshire Terrier. I own one and I own two Shih Tzus, but my Yorkie is my favorite. First of all these dogs don't shed like most long haired dogs. Shorthaired dogs shed worse than cats. Second they are very small. Mine is only two pounds and she is almost five months old. She is very smart, was easy to housebreak, and she is gorgeous. I love my Shih Tzus to death, but my favorite is my Yorkie.
Pitbull/AmStaf
I like these dogs partly because I like the look of them. Primarily though, I like them because of the types of bonds they tend to make with humans, and so I tend to find them more 'personable' than many other breeds. Granted, the aggression issues towards other dogs can sometimes be a bit tricky to deal with, but overall it's worth it to me.
Shiba Inu! They're SOO adorable and they remind me of little wolves, in a way. :D
Yorkie....sweet, lovable, non shedding and full of beans. He keeps me in stitches.
I love my great dane, Rat Terriers and border collie. Except Great Danes are VERY expensive to maintain. Rat terriers can be VERY stubborn. And my Border Collie can be VERY needy!!
pitbulls bc they are sweet loveing proective animals
Labrador Retriever!

So many reasons...their beautiful, expressive eyes, their wonderful personalities (friendly, great with children and strangers, etc.), their intelligence, their love of play and being goofy, their cute furry ears, their strong, muscular bodies...

OK, I can go on all day, but you get the picture. :-)
i like st.bernards because they are big and lovable. i love the sad looks with the droopy eyes and the freckles on the nose. i also like that they play in the snow. they are sooooo cute!!
Labrador Retrievers b/c they are adorable, playful, gentle dogs
imperial shih tzu...
they are sweet and have a great temperment and are very rare
pomeranians, because they are cute little fluff balls! and because they look like miniature samoyeds (my other fav type of dog!) :D
My favorite type of dog is Bishon Frise. I like them because they are great lap dogs and companions. I had one growing up and she was very smart and my bestfriend.
My favorite is the Basset Hound. The Basset also like the Corgi has long ears and short stubby legs, and I find that to be adorable. Well I guess I just grew up with Bassets that's why I like them so much, but I have many other reasons.

Their Personality. So many people call Bassets couch potatoes...but truth be told, they are what you make them. My one Basset hound when he was a pup we turned him into a big couch potatoe lap spoiled lap dog but one of my other Bassets we taught her to do so many things. We didn't even try to teach her mant tricks but she learned how to 'Turn around', 'Sit', 'Lay Down' and 'Stay' all within two weeks. It was amazing how fast she learned. She also can do things people would never believe a Basset could do. We own a like a hundred acres and out front we have this picnic table. She started getting this thing last fall about jumping up onto it and jumping off. And its amazing how well she can jump on this! Her short little legs don't stop her!

Also, they're loving dogs. They get along with cats, dogs, kids, adults, etc. Just maybe not rabbits. ;]
But our girl, then one who I spoke of earlier who likes to jump, she had her first litter of puppies back in December. The father of the puppies when we tried to introduce him to them he was terrified. The poor soul wouldn't even look at them. But we have this 2 year old male manx cat. He likes dogs, but dogs normally don't like him thats his problem. Well he would always look after the pups [there was 9!] With them mom, lay with the puppies etc. The dog didn't care one bit. She even treated the cat like one of the pups. It was cute in a odd way!

They are the biggest goof balls ever! Even if you've had the worst day ever they will make you smile, guranteed. They have to be the biggest little dorks. They have all that extra skin, the short stubby legs, the long ears they trip over and those adorable eyes. They can act like goofballs sometimes. One of our Bassets when she was 11 weeks old to 6 months old, she thought the dog in the mirror was someone else. She didn't ever realize it was her. Days she would bite at it, snip and cry. We tried everything we could but she always thought her reflection was out to get her. One of our males is pretty old, he just turned 9 yrs. Well he has a obbsession with swimming. And well once he gets in the water he is just so funny out there. He acts like a little pup again. =]

They aren't a real big high maintance dog. They don't shed too much, and they aren't a dog with poor health. But they can smell, and can get ear infections. But that doesn't hide the fact that they are all wonderful dogs!
My favorite is a Basset hound, I have wanted one since I was 5, and I'm still yet to have one. But I love there ears!!! and there eyes, gosh I love everything about them, there not to big nor to small. there just awesome, I'm saving up to get one right now though.
a chocolate lab because they are adorable!!!
I love Boston Terriers becasue they are sweet, funny, and very smart. I love their big ears, bug eyes, short nose and their build. I love they way they do their stance. I also like bulldogs cause of how they look. Bostons remind me of the bulldog and I guess because they came from them years and years ago. They are awesome dogs.
I love shih-tzu's! My uncle used to have a boy and they would keep his hair short and i loved when he ran with short little legs and not as floppy ears but sort-of!
Bedlington Terriers forever!
i grew up with a cockier spaniel, had a springer spaniel and a Labrador retriever, as a teenager, have had lab greyhound crosses since i became an adult, and will take every lab greyhound cross that is offered to me, they are the perfect mix of breed as far as i am concerned,they have the perfect mix of sight hound and scent hound.smarter then most dogs and very loyal.

No comments:

Post a Comment