Monday, May 24, 2010

What kind of dog should we get?

I have 2 kids (5 and 3) and we have lots of room to let it run. Please help me out.
Answers:
you should get a Labrador i have one myself and they are great with children!!! and they are very smart and learn fast. also learn how to potty train fast too. get a lab. very good dogs. also u should get a girl. they are more gentle than boys.
how about a collie they are great with kids. or a great dane they are known as a gentle giant.
try a golden retriever or a lab great watch dogs and friends
BULLDOG
We have a black Lab and we also had a Lab before this one. I would really recommend this breed. Ours love children, are smart and if you have alot of room to run or swim :), they will love it! They are good dogs!
Golden retriever is america's favorite dog, this breed is very friendly with family and loves kids.
Also is a very beautiful breed.
how about s husky or a german pointer dog?
theyre great with kids and very friendly, lovable, and fun
german shepards they are so loving and they love children
how a bout an English puttle they are family dogs that love to run they are cool my friend has one it,s a short hair. and they are fun to play with and run a round with. i would buy one if i wasn,t renting.
I suggest a mix breed. Go to your local shelter.
Well I've had my dog since I was 6 my brother was 11 and my sis was 9, She's part german shepard, Part husky, She's really beautiful just a big baby I guess you could say. I think a german shepard would be a really gentle yet good dog.

Good Luck! PeAcE~LoVe~RoCk'N'rOll
the type of dog really matters on how active your family is. how much shedding can you handle? I sugest you go to dogbreeds.com or AKC.com they have good info on dog breeds also don't buy your dog from a pet store they are like puppy factories and the puppys aren't usually healthy. ask people with dogs or a local vet where a good breeder of the breed you think is right for your family. old dogs are calmer but puppys are like a clean slate you can mold them into whatever you want with the right training.
depending where you are from. staffies and believe it or not pit bulls are great child friendly dogs, they are very good with children, but its best to get them from pups, and a good family breeder they have a bad name but its because they get into the wrong hands, its all about the deed not the breed
i owned tons of different breeds and the only breed I fell totally in love with is the Labrador Retrievers. As far as versatility, devotion, intelligence goes they are one of the best. They love kids and other dogs. They are fun loving, and easy going. My nephews take my Labs hiking, camping, kayaking, swimming and in the winter the go sledding with them. The kids can interact with so much and they are very tolerant. I have young nieces and nephews that are tough on them and they just sit there and take it. I do not have to worry about the kids and their friends when they are aound the dogs. The Labs are also highly intelligent so they are easy to train. Their devotion to you and family is unmatched.
Check out the Miniature Schnauzer. Very protective, tough, a little hard headed, and very loving. Shedding hair, none
definitely go with a lab, they are the most loyal, lovable dogs that you can get! i love my lab. I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old and he will follow the 3 month old anywhere she goes and he is not rough, she could do anything to him and he will just lay there or sit there then lick her! and he will sit next to my 5 month old if she is in her swing or bouncy.
they are just all around good dogs, i recommend getting a lab :)
schnauzer

No comments:

Post a Comment