Monday, May 24, 2010

What kind of floor put on dog kennel?

My dog loves to chew so I need to find a floor to put under his kennel that is 40" X 80" that he cannot chew apart. Any ideas and where I could find something like that? I thought about a very thick plastic as he would tear up wood and he does not like chewing plastic.
Answers:
I can't believe nobody suggested this... Dig the dirt out a little, and fill with sand/gravel. Then cover the whole thing with plastic decking. They sell it everywhere, but you could find it online with a simple google search or at your local hardware stores...
http://epsplasticlumber.com/pics/woc_dec...
that's just a picture, but this works great in dog kennels. It keeps your dog mud-free and becuse of the gravel, it will provide excellent drainage... you can just hose it out!!
Good luck!
half wooden half carpet. To sleep and to play.
Metal crate pan.
Lay tile there. I think anything else can be eaten. I lost a linoleum floor once, and another dog ate the plastic crate pan in a matter of hours. If you want it to be removable lay it on a piece of plywood. I am sure you can find tile scraps free and it would last forever and be really cheap.
try a wood that has the size of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment