Monday, May 24, 2010

What kind of dog should I get?

What kind of dog should I get? I live in an apartment %26 I am in college.I want a dog that I can carry in a tote bag without any problems and also that I can spoil and dress up! I don't like chihuahuas. I have been looking at Bichon Frises but I don't know how big those get and if they could fit in a carrier!!

My sister has a yorkie and he is so sweet and cute, but I don't really know if I want to get one of those.

Please help!!!
Answers:
This breed quiz will help you get a list of dogs you might like:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm...

I know it helped me!
get a horn dog
mini dachshund thats what I have and he loves to be carried in a tote bag I also Live in apartments
I got labs and dalmations and I dress them up time to time for a good laff but no matter what dog you want to have and love and spoil go to the pound or aspca and get one there you will save a life too good luck with a new friend.and one good thing about that is there the ones you can trust the 2 legged one you can't
Dash Hounds are great. (You know weener dogs)
Bichons get too big to be in tote bags. You would probably like a pomeranian. They are tough, patient little dogs, but they have a lot of hair. You have to brush them. Yorkies and Maltese are harder to housebreak, and they have silky coats and get matted all the time. What a pain.
Lhasa Apso's are lovely wee dogs.There small and cute.U can do there hair and stuff!!!
i have a bichon hes an absolutely wonderful little companion. these dogs are very clingy so if your wanting something to tote everywhere this is the dog for you. they follow you all over the house want to sleep with you and cant stand not being near you.my bichon is only 14 lbs. they dont normally get over 20 and not many even make it to 20. most of it is fur. hes also an excellent watch dog and very protective.
Try a mini Dashound. You can spoil them to death, a mini can only get up to eleven pounds.
www.akc.org has a "what kind of dog should I get section" so answer the questions, then go to a shelter and find a mixed breed or www.petfinder.com that resembles your choice. It will have a similar disposition, and a statistically healthier, longer life. Pure bred dogs are all somewhat inbred, so they have more problems and incidence of cancer...
imperial shih tzu

http://www.chineseimperialshihtzus.com/...
http://www.tinyimperialshihtzu.com/...
http://eaglegateshihtzus.com/
if you want a real cute small dog go online and search for designer breed dogs they are so cute.
ummmm mabey a pomeranian? oh wait too big....umm give me a sec...ooo i saw this poofy small dog it could fit in a bag, here let me get the picture up.

http://www.costumedogs.com/images/04-26-...

i might fit. let me bring up some more...

http://www.pamperedpuppy.com/images/cont...

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleimages/...

http://www.smallpawsrescue.org/pup3/mike...

http://www.petcare-extraordinaire.com.au...



ok good enough..hope it helps, ( u have a lot to choose from)
I have a yorkie too, and they are awesome, but there is also mini pomeranians, poodles, shitsu, or maybe go to the humane society and see what small dogs are there. good luck
Yorkies, Pomeranian, papillions, poodles, and minature pinchers are cute toy dogs.

I have to say it. I really hope you want a dog for more than just an accessory. Please think about the long term responsibility of owning a dog. most dogs live 12 -15 yrs. Also beware toy dogs, especially the ones that are too small (under4 lbs), are EXTREMELY prone to health problems. My mother had to spend $1000 to treat her 4lb yorkie when she was a puppy. If you've already considered this great!

See akc pics and list of toys breeds below.
OK, get a Papillion, or maybe a maltese because they never grow more than 8 pounds, and they're both super affectionate and easy to train. The papillion barely sheds, and the maltese never sheds at all. If you train them correctly, neither are "yippy" Good Luck!!
i wold say a a toy poodle.i have one and it is the best dog i ever had.they are sweet and proctective
i would say a shih tzu, they are very mellow dogs and if you keep a puppy cut you can get a 10lb er into a smally my little sammie has his own closet, he likes to shop and cb paws, trixie and peanut, and fifi and romeo. he looks so cute in his juicy couture carrier, and most people are shocked when they finally realize i have a dog in a store he is so quiet. and best of all they shed very little with very little dander and are cute with their pushed in faces. and they are more sturdy of small dogs. they have an average life span of 12 years that is really good.
I've had two shih tzus. they are so adorable. Malteses are great because they are very smart. Miniture poodles are extremely smart and they do not shed.
Bichon Frises can get pretty big. When I lived in an Apt I had a Shih Tzu. He was a really good dog and pretty small. He was very easy to potty train and small enough to fit in my purse. Just remember you get what you pay for. Never buy a puppy that a breeder wont guarantee. Always take it to the vet within 24 hrs after buying it to have a well puppy exam, even if it doesn't need any shots ant that time. The vet will look over it to check for any defects in the puppy. Yorkies are good dogs too, but because they are terriers they can be a little more difficult to potty train and in my experience they can be a little more high strung. I have never owned one but I have heard Papillions are good dogs too. You might want to check out the AKC website they have a lot of great of information about all breeds. www.akc.org
I hope this has helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment