Friday, May 21, 2010

What is your favourite breed of dog? Mine's a black labrador! anyone agree??


Answers:
I love labradors. Having said that I have to admit that I love almost all breeds of dogs. I love the soul of my dogs and not just their looks. I had a Scottie for many years and I adored him. He was a great friend and he tought me alot. He passed away two years ago and I have not tried to get another dog yet. I live on a small island (350 residents) where there is no vet. I am trying to establish a tele-vet medical station on the island and when this happens I will be looking for another dog. I will surely look for another Scottie then but even a stray from a kennel will do fine. It is their soul we get attached to not their looks.
Husky, I just bought one a couple weeks ago. I've wanted one since I was 12.
Red Setters
Boxer
I had a Great Dane when I was a child. He was remarkably gentle for such a large animal.
Hard to have a favourite. I like Alsatians,labs,rotties and dobermans the most.

I do like cats more than dogs though.
Labs are great, I have a half Lab/Irish Wolfhound she is the best dog. Her little sister is a Shetland Sheepdog. I love them both very much;^)
English Cocker Spaniel
I love cavalier king charles spaniels!!
My favorites are the ones i have now (aussie shepherd/border collie/newfoundland and Lhasa Apso/ terrier) and all shelter mutts, big and small! :)
Black Labraors are great - my auntie had one when I was a kid.

My favourite dog is the German Shepherd - a superb friend. Although one day I'm going to have to be - right now I wouldn't be without my GSD.
underdog
Wired Haired Fox Terrier, had one growing up for 16 years--Max was a great dog.
Bassett Hounds.
German shepherd, intelligent obedient and trained properly good guard dog. my shepherd looked after granddaughter and even looked at me when i went near. give me a German shepherd any day.
I have had 3 labs in my life. Could not ask for a better all around dog. Gentle, love kids, hunts, lovable companion, wouldn't hurt anybody unless provoked, but I'm sure would have fought to their death if I was ever attacked. Due to where I live I cant have a big dog, so I now have a Cairn Terrier, quite a change but he is a character.
British bull dog i love em :)
German Shepherds, I have 3.
But I love all dogs.
I love labradors. I've got two labs at the moment. One Black, hte other Golden. I love them both. Very good natured dogs and they always bring me a present if I've just walked through the door. Normally a pair of old socks or something, but I guess it's the thought that counts!!
I like Labs too, but I prefer Chocolate!
My heart belongs to my BULL MASTIFF! Gentle giants, and smart!
Mutts. All the best dogs I've ever had came from shelters. My current dog is a Blue Heeler/Australian Shepard mix. When i adopted her she was so dirty I couldn't tell what the heck breed she was. But her eyes (the only part without dirt) looked at me and lit up. She was taken away from her previous owners because of abuse and starvation. She was unruly, crazy, not house broken, and wouldn't come to save her life-unless you had food.

4 years later, she's a relaxed, obedient working/family dog. She's super patient with my kids, even herds them out of the street. She herds my goats and sheep, though my horses are a little too much. :)

I wouldn't trade her for all the AKC Best in Show dogs in the world.
Labradors are great but if i was going to get a dog (which i can't at the moment) it would have to be a Black English Cocker Spaniel, Superb dogs. Fun, active, eager to please, great with kids.
Mine has to be Westhighland Terrier, I've got 2
I like cross breeds, the scruffier, the better. They are just so cute and usually very trainable.

I must admit though that I would love a German Shepherd.
no,sorry,german shephards all the way!!!!!!
american pit bull terrier
they are the best!
Was there ever a dog more suited to living in a human family than the labrador?

Black is the only colour!
I adore Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Ive never known a more gentle, loving, totally daft breed of dog in my life!
rotties are great dogs because i have one but german shepard dogs must come very close to rotties
I have two favourites 1. the Anatolian Karabas, they're fantastic and I would love another but they are really difficult dogs as they are indipendant and don't 'do' obediance very well. and 2. the breed I have now, Italian Spinone, they're absolutely fantastic, great fun, obediant just fantastic. If I could have both I would but Anatolians don't always get on with other dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment