Monday, May 24, 2010

What kind of dog food do you use?

just wondering.
Answers:
I have been feeding Pro Plan for about 15 yrs. I've tried lots of food and done lots of research but always come back to Pro Plan. I use Alpo or Pedigree canned plus often feed Prairie raw medallions. I use Vit C, Vit E, and coat oil on all plus Joint stuff for all MinPins over 10 and big dogs over 7 even if they are OFA'd. I also give CoQ10 plusL carnitine to my older dogs. I use veggies, carrots and pure pumpkin in their food or stuffed in a Kong.
I use winalot tin foods and bakers weight control for my doggy. (I'm in England)
Raw diet. You can see our menu and other important info about raw feeding on our site and many more.
eastwooddanes.com
purina one chicken and rice.
My dogs love kibbles and bits. They also like to eat hill's science diet puppy bits. I use to feed them little cesars moist food but it got to expensive.
Our dogs just eat scraps, sometimes we buy him tins Of Dog meat !

cheers
Natures Variety- Raw Instinct.I have an allergy pup! She loves it and its the only thing that works!
I feed dry Nutro Ultra to my dogs, the weight management formula.
none I dont have a dog.
I use adult and tartar control, Low Residue Eukanuba, kibble dog food. My dog has a sensitive stomach and my vet recommended it. I also started giving it to my newly adopted one year old Papillion dog. He loves it too. Vet said that was okay too. I can only buy it with a vet's prescription though. It's also good for their teeth.
I use Dog Chow
This week it's Timberwolf Organics Wild %26 Natural mixed with a little Canidae All Life Stages. Next week it will be all Timberwolf, then Innova Red Meat mixed with what's left of the Timberwolf, then all Innova, then Solid Gold Barking at the Moon mixed with the Innova, and so on. Weekend mornings when I have more time are chicken and/or beef and/or salmon, uncooked bones, eggs, plain oatmeal, plain yogurt, with some fruits and veggies thrown into the mix.
I am feeding Life's Abundance premium dog food.
Here is are some links
http://www.trilogyonline.com/trilogy/pet...

http://www.trilogyonline.com/trilogy/pet...
i use what the vet recommended hills science diet.
Innova
I use Innova! Its a really great food and my dog loves it!!
I use Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul. Anything you can buy in a grocery store is pure garbage. Look at the ingredients. Full of fillers. Fillers that they just poop out.

With a good food they eat less, poop less and are heathier. I don't see how people can just recommend these awful store brands just because their dog is alive. It's pretty much like going to eat at McDOnalds everyday. Not healthy but your still alive.

PLEASE LOOK AND SEE WHAT RATING YOU ARE FEEDING YOUR DOG IS AT -- NOTICE PEDIGREE IS #1 because they can't give it a lower rating. PURE GARBAGE! Read the ingredients people.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_...
I swear by Eagle Pack Holistic Select. My dog has EPI and has a hard time digesting her food efficiently. The version I feed her is made up of fish and she's been thriving on it.

When looking for a good quality dog food you need to stay away from supermarket and chain pet store brands. They are usually loaded with grains and fillers. Look for a meat with the words "meal" after it (i.e. chicken meal), and, if there is grain, it should not be the first ingredient. The super premium dog foods are the ones you usually find at small independent pet stores (although Petco sells a few via its website). They are a little more expensive, but not by much.
I use Pedigree Puppy. It's high in protein. Reasonable price too.
Natural Balance
Fromm Gold and Four-Star dry formulas (not their canned). I mix in canned Canidae or Evangers. I also mix in a little cottage cheese, veggies or meat now and then.

This site is an excellent source of info. if you're trying to decide on a good food for your dog.

http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment